Saturday, June 09, 2012

TWEET

There is a robin's nest outside our front door with baby robins in it. I won't disturb it, but I do need to use the door. When I am out there watering plants or some such, I am tweeted at loudly and aggressively. The robins want me to go away. They want me to retreat. Of course I ignore them, do my work and when I am done go inside. I'm sure in robindom there are tales of how they drove the large human away with their much tweeting. OF course it had nothing to do with it. They will not however be turned from their narrow opinion. They remind me a great deal of the Occupy Protesters, the Wisconsin crackpots who tried to oust Walker and the fringe radical left wing in this country. Noise without meaning.

Shakespeare said it best: "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale. Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing". Macbeth Act 5

No comments: