Monday, September 02, 2013

ANOTHER LABOR DAY RANT

I mentioned a no work husband earlier. Now, I visited an old friend of mine. He is 70 years old. Not married, divorced. He still works, but makes very little money. He is on social security. Has had constant money trouble as long as I have known him. I have helped him from time to time.

Here's the rub. He has a 40 year old son that live with him. Able bodied. Mind is OK. He's just lazy. Plays video games all day long. No job. Lives off the government best he can. AND lives off his dad rent free. I have recommended to his dad that he toss his butt out on the street. He is not well socialized. Doesn't do drugs or drink. Just plays video games. He takes an occasional odd job for pocket money. His dad pays all his living expenses including the internet connection. He doesn't pay for his food.

Here's what bothers me. His dad will not live forever. He is in poor health. When dad dies, his estate is zero. Doesn't even own his house, the bank will take that. So the kid will eventually be on his own. There are no other relatives. IS IT mercy to support a man who will not work?

I have recommended that he should be put out now. Help him establish on his own. He can help him. This man is not able to act on tough love. This is sad.

No comments: