Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sum up your life (to date) in 6 words or less

Salon.com has a clever idea. Asking otherwise wordy people to summarize their lives in 6 words or less.

Some entries.
  • didn't know there was a box.
  • will prophesy for food (or tattoos)
  • tired of lawyering; looking for fun
  • Seventy-five's not old as I expected.
  • I came. I saw. I napped.
  • Went according to plan. Now what?
  • They don't hear unless I yell.
  • Exited Hardees from the back, weeping
  • Surprisingly, only getting better and better.
  • What if the grapes weren't sour?
  • Luck. Charm. Disappointment. Effort. Compassion. Joy.
  • Lost: Ambition. Gained: Truth, Fun, Fulfillment
  • Oh no, not again. Again. Again.
  • "Does not work up to potential."
  • I never learned how to swashbuckle.
  • Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

I found them pretty stirring, some pretty fatalistic and some sad. A few hopeful.

There are currently on this website 183 iterations. I know this isn't a huge forum, I invite my 3 readers to post this on your own website. But, it's a worthwhile thought process.

My first flush was:
  • hopeful lost found lost found secured

Any Takers? Post your 6 words in the comment field. I'll make a post of them later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Night blooming jasmine, lemonade with ice.

.

Steve Scott said...

Hit way back; tell it goodbye!

Anonymous said...

A dead tree produces no fruit.

(bonus round)
True Christians love and forgive unconditionally.

(extra triple word score)
If God's your co-pilot, switch seats.

Anonymous said...

Never kiss snake on the lips

Anonymous said...

my love's labor lost; Christ's wins........ H.H..