Wednesday, March 12, 2008

So, maybe the Dentist knows SOMETHING

IF you are a steady reader of my "Rantings" you may well remember my "Experience" with a root canal.  Horrible.
 
Still a bad memory. It failed and I blamed the dentist.
 
He's still not off the hook completely.  BUT, yesterday I had two teeth filled.  Two things seemed to make some sense.
 
One, is he has an infrared device that explores and identifies carries.  It sings when it sees one.  The dentist used this device to root out and eliminate all evidence of decay before backfilling the hole with the filling material.  This gave me confidence that I was getting a good clean filling that would last me the rest of my life (which isn't as long now as 30 years ago). 
 
The other thing is the quality of what he put in for a filling.  It's all epoxy composite with an ultraviolet setup lamp.  I have a little experience with this and I trust that this is equal or better than what came with the original equipment.
 
So, I guess despite my fear of dental incompetence, this guy knows a little about filling teeth. 
 
My problem with dentistry is I read the Book McTeague long ago.  That'll make you swear off dentistry like Sweeney Todd will make you swear off Barbers.
 
I might go back again, maybe.
 
 
 

No comments: