Saturday, March 15, 2008

Maybe Julius Should have Listened

Today, March 15, a day that lives in Infamy, is the day that Julius Caesar was murdered on the steps of the presidium. 
 
He was warned.  He didn't listen. 
 
On that same day some 19 centuries later I was born.  No warning, no nothing.  Just Gene in Watertown SD 1945.  World War Two was coming to an end, death of Hitler, Peace in Europe, Hiroshima, Peace with Japan. My first year on the planet was eventful. But being born in South Dakota and living on a little place there means I flew under the radar.
 
I still do. 
 
I look forward to my 64th year on earth having now completed 63.  So, I'm 63 in my 64th year.  Math, who knew.
 
I know all of this.  I am more stirred by what God wants to do today than I ever was in the past. (I read his instruction manual).  What's even more amazing is he allows me to partner with Him to accomplish His purposes. That's the way I want to live.
 
I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can we have known each other for 50+ years and I didn't know you were born in Watertown? Oh, well, did you know I was born in Mitchell? Betcha didn't...

Happy Birthday.

CLC

Gene said...

Nope Chuck I didn't. It never came up.

Anonymous said...

I missed it yesterday, but here I am today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MAN!

I hope all is well and life if grand for you and yours.