Thursday, April 07, 2005

Big Talk = Tiny Ego

I talk too much some times. I hope I have something to say. I do zip it. I am aware and uncomfortable with people who can’t shut up, ever! Blah Blah Blah

A guy I do business with who talks, talks, talks. The less confident he is the more he talks. When he is feeling vulnerable he increases in volume and velocity. The fact that he must dominate the conversation to the exclusion of all others says volumes about him.

It says:
  • My ideas are weak
  • I don’t think I can defend them well
  • If I let you talk you might expose my Ego’s nakedness
  • You might ask a question that shows me up for who I really am
  • I am able to buffalo most people well enough by verbosity, why not you?
  • I know deep inside I look like an idiot when I talk all the time but maybe if I keep talking you may never get to the point where you point it out.
  • I am not confident enough to allow you to offer any input
  • I’m unwilling to take the chance at exchanging ideas, I don’t have any
  • My opinions aren’t that important but I don’t want to try anything new
I should be tolerant. I should be willing to listen. But, right now, I can’t get my head above the volume of drivel enough to care. I will terminate our relationship if he doesn’t shut the heck up!

No comments: