Saturday, April 09, 2005

Why it Matters - 2025 far down the slippery slope

This was on a Pastor's Post. He found it somewhere. If we don't stop the drift we are very very close to this. Look at this story. The slippery Terri Schaivo slope is fully in operation. If nothing happens to change it.....

Read this:


Dear Mom,

Can you believe it’s 2025 already? I’m still writing 24 on nearly everything. Seems just like just yesterday I was sitting in 1st grade celebrating the century change!

I know we haven’t really chatted since Christmas. Sorry. Anyway, I have some difficult news and I really didn’t want to call and talk about it in person.

Ted’s had a promotion, and I keep putting in those crazy hours. You know how I work at it. Yes, we’re still struggling with the bills. Timmy’s been “OK” at kindergarten although he complains about going. But then he wasn’t happy about day care either, so what can I do? He’s been a real problem, Mom. He’s a good kid but quite honestly he’s an unfair burden at this time in our lives. Ted and I have talked this through and finally made a choice. Plenty of other families have made it and are much better off.

Our pastor is supportive and says hard decisions sometimes are necessary. The family is a “system” and the demands of one member shouldn’t be allowed to ruin the whole family. He told us to be prayerful, consider all the factors and do what is right to make the family work. He says that even though he probably wouldn’t do it himself, the decision is a personal one that each family must make on their own. He was kind enough to refer us to a children’s clinic near here, so at least that part’s easy.

I’m not an uncaring mother. I do feel sorry for the little guy. I think he overheard Ted and me talking about it the other night. I turned around and saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs in his pj’s with the little bear you gave him under his arm and his eyes sort of welling up.

Mom, the way he looked at me nearly broke my heart. But I honestly believe this is better for Timmy too. It’s not fair to force him to live in a family that can’t give him the time and attention he deserves. And PLEASE don’t give me the same kind of grief Grandma gave you over your abortions. It’s the same thing, you know.

We’ve told him he’s just going in for a vaccination. Anyway, they say the termination procedure is painless.

I guess it’s just as well you haven’t seen that much of him lately. Give my love to Dad.

Love,

Jane

*****************************************************

No comments: