Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Deceived and Diverted by Terri (My Last Word on This)

Well meaning people, well meaning Christians have been deceived by the enemy of our souls regarding the Terri Schaivo case.

The devil uses good people to achieve his ends. He used the apostle Peter. (..get thee behind me Satan). Our enemy isn’t flesh and blood. It’s spiritual forces who push and pull flesh until we find ourselves used and abused. I have been there.

There are three primary strategies used by the devil to keep Christians impotent in all this. He used it well in the Schaivo case. We need to learn to watch for this kind of deception.

1. Jesus talked of 4 kinds of soil in the parable of the sower and soils. Matthew Chapter 13. Rocky, Shallow, Weedy and Good. Many Christians today are choked out (third soil type) with the cares of the world, secular influences, trying to make a living, time constraints and family issues. If the enemy can keep us in turmoil he can keep us ineffective. Pull some weeds. Not everything is worth getting upset about. That’s why I’m more careful of movies I go to see, music I hear and TV I watch. I don’t need the extra weeds in my life. I have been a serious Star Trek NG fan. I cried when Worf lost his wife. I’m pitiful. Weeds!

2. Some people are very nice, persuasive and caring sounding. These same people are also the most dangerous. I point to Michael Schivao’s lawyer. Toward the end of Terri’s life he kept coming on the news telling how serene and peaceful she was. How wonderful and filled with ecstasy was her end of life experience. He came as an angel of light. I don’t doubt he is sincere. I don’t doubt he believes all the deception he is delivering. Oprah does the same thing. Angels of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14. Smooth. Sweet. Deceived and deceiving. They aren’t evil, they are pawns used by the enemy to deceive as a angels of light. Discern!

3. Wearing down the saints. Daniel predicted that in these days the enemy would come to wear down the saints. Dan 7:25kjv. He is doing it. I have been in enough lawsuits to know that the prime strategy is one of wearing down the opposition thru paper. The court battles the Schindlers (Terri’s parents) went thru was never an up or down decision. It was wearing down the saints until the very heart went out of them. If you read the passage you will see that it refers to times and laws to wear down the saints. The enemy wants to frustrate you more and more until you give up. Well my friends, don’t give up, don’t give in. The war was begun long ago. Many soldiers have died. Some in battle. Some of age. You are now called to stand and fight. It’s not a defensive war. We must be on the offense. Our enemy is. Don’t be weary in well doing. Persist!

I’m sure there are a hundred other strategies he is using. These were most obvious by the Schaivo case. The good news is, the enemy always shoots himself in the foot. You have never heard as much about what is right and righteous as you do right now. If his intent was to suppress the body of Christ he chose the wrong tactic. DO BATTLE IN THE SPIRIT. This is war.

No comments: