Sunday, October 02, 2005

Kate Bush - New CD – Nov 7 - The long wait

I am a fan of really creative music, particularly from the opposite gender. I think all the world of Joni Mitchell. I have a copy of most of what she has ever generated. I believe she is an oracle of the muse.

I believe Shania Twain, in addition to being an all around fine human being, to observe her in action is an amazing talent worth hearing and seeing.

But, when I really want my amazer triggered I put on a Kate Bush CD. The Whole Story is her best in my opinion. Buy it. There is also a stunning 90 minute video. I have only seen it twice but it sticks in my mind like glue.

My wife claims I’m in love with women in general. I’m here to confess. I’m terminally heterosexual. Maybe there’s a support group somewhere to set me right. I don’t think I’ll join. But something goes ding in my heart when I hear something original and beautiful in a pure female voice. I love opera for the same reason. I like Alanis Morrisette’s music. And Martina McBride. Then there’s Macy Gray. Not really singing but charming all the same. I'm confused.

So it was with some excitement that I read that Ms Bush has a new CD about to emerge. Not soon enough. November 7. She doesn’t just gin this stuff out. It’s been 12 years since she produced anything new. There is a huge underground personality cult. I’m not part of that but I am looking forward to the new CD. I hope it’s ok with all the other Kate fans that I’m over 60. Come to think of it, how old is Kate, 47? All in all she’s a fine looking woman with a wonderful voice.

Some people order Harry Potter books in advance. I will order Aeriel.

So should you.

No comments: