Wednesday, October 05, 2005

This is such a BAD idea

Clear Channel Radio is complaining that it can only have 8 Radio stations in any market. "That's not fair", they said. I'm not a fan of conglomerate vanilla radio. I spend a lot of time on the road. The blandness is ubiquitous..

Isn't there enough Clear Channel babble already cluttering our airwaves with audio Soylent Green? I'm a Sat Radio Subscriber. Sirrus and XM have a total of 6 million users. There's 300 million of us who can hear clear channel FREE. Clear Channel, MAYBE IT"S YOUR PROGRAMMING! If you provide quality programming like IPOD and Sat you won't lose listeners. This is a sorry excuse for not being competitive. Besides, even as a Sat Radio Subscriber I listen more to broadcast radio 10 times more than I do listen to satellite. When I hear the simul broadcast Muzak I tune out. Take a hint.

Maybe the FCC is staffed with people who care about genuine radio now. I can only hope.

1 comment:

NodakJack said...

Tell ME about Clear Channel and it's bad ideas. I understand your Soylent Green reference. That's the way of the world I fear. Avian Flu might be preferential to what they have in mind for us.