Friday, June 09, 2006

The CD Playing in my Head

I have lots of CDs like you do. 95% get very little play. Fully 10% are still wrapped for all eternity in plastic. This is mostly due to the fact that no one can get them out of the plastic. HA!

I won't give you a rundown of all the CDs I enjoy. The list includes Joni Mitchell, Kate Bush, Brudder IZ, Some Opera excerpts, Tom Waits, Hillsong, and a recent hauntingly wonderful CD that I may have now played a hundred times. It's haunting because it plays in my head all day long. Over and Over. You've had that happen. You hear a song and it sticks and you can't get it out of your head.

Now, I know I have a few people who read this who are not radically Christian. This CD probably would puzzle you. It's prophetic pronouncements set to music with interspersed convictions, confessions and affirmations from both sides (you and God). Radical stuff. Wonderful and haunting. Strengthening and reinforcing. Passionate and intimate. Scary.

But, if you are a seeking to go deeper, if you are interested in enriching your relationship with Jesus this might be for you. Only a few will take me up on this. But, that might be enough.

The name is Misty Edwards. She is part of the team at the House of Prayer in Kansas City MO. Mike Bickle and all. I was there the night they opened the House of Prayer. I have been involved with the House of Prayer in Chicagoland since. I don't know Misty. I may have met her. She's no relative. She's just Misty. It's not about her.

This is good stuff. If you remain the same after listening to this 5 times I would be shocked. You would be stuck in your religion and in your relationship with Jesus. Sorry for being blunt, but this is a relationship building thing and not a religion reinforcement.

Here's a place selling the CD and apparently you can get excerpts.

Here is Misty Edwards' website.

Try listening a bit online. Better yet, shell out the ten bucks. If you really are serious I'll send you one free. I care about your growth in God. This is breakthrough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have the CD i will purchase one from you, if you don't i'll get a copy. Do you have one?

NodakJack said...

If you have a copy, please---keep it.
Love ya', ya jamoke ya'.

Terry Bobzien said...

Gene,
This is just immense. I just watched the 47 min. podcast, and I'm stunned. Spirit-filled spectacular music. I wish I lived close to an IHOP! Blessings on you for spreading the word about this amazing woman.
Terry