Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Minnesota Report

Spent the last weekend with my brother and his graduating family and his wife and a hundred of his closest friends.
 
They live in Buffalo MN.  NW of MPLS.  It was nice to meet so many.  But I'm just a tad agoraphobic.  Too many is too many.
 
So, I hid out.  And I felt el crapola.  So I spent a fair amount of time in the hammock. 
 
The family of Redlins etc came from Dakota.  They communed with each other.  Except Earl.  Ever the politician and people person at nearly 90 years old he shook and got shook with lots of people.  Great man he.
 
Heard more than I wanted to know about all the catastrophes going on in the family. 
 
Son and Daughter in law came down.  Nice to see them.  I did my best to irritate them to no end.  I succeeded I'm sure.  I'm such a bore.
 
I wish I were less passionate and more passive.  But, alas, nope.  I have opinions on all things.  And, given just a quarter of a chance will share them. 
 
End of June we are off to the north country of Dakota.  Same relatives different day.  (Drawn from a saying with different words same meaning).
 
I hope to see many good people.  I only know this, I'm glad we are where we are doing what we are doing.  It's a payoff in life I didn't expect.
 
We are working in areas of excitement I didn't think possible.
 
I don't know what is up the road round the bend but I can't wait to get there.
 
Life is good in Illinois and Dakota is a great place to visit but.............
 
Well, I don't live there anymore.

1 comment:

NodakJack said...

"Well, I don't live there any more."

Chicken.