Saturday, June 10, 2006

Culture War Report

I saw this in a scroll line on headline news.

Passion of the Christ ignited the Culture Wars.


Right. So this article which is the basis of that comment says that Mel Gibson’s Passion of the Christ is the most controversial movie ever made.

More Controversial than:
Clockwork Orange (Rape and Murder by the minute while singing in the rain)
Deep Throat (Linda Lovelace swallows)
Basic Instinct etc etc etc.

The magazine says Mel Gibson's film about Jesus sparked what it calls "a culture-war firestorm," the likes of which Hollywood had never seen.

Well as the old song goes, we didn’t start the fire. The culture wars ignited when they (the pagan left) decided to take on the Son of God. Always a bad match. I’ll put my money on S-O-G any day.

In any case I loved the Passion Movie. I know it’s not for everyone. My two sons have not seen it. I haven’t harassed them. I thought it was well done. They will see it if and when they choose to.

Making some equivalency with Deep Throat is lost on me anyhow.

1 comment:

NodakJack said...

"Passion" was not a divine message. It was Mel Gibson making big bucks. That's fine. Except the Christianists ordained it the work of the God of Your Choice. It was a movie for Gawds sake.
So was Deep Throat.
And, who cares? Really?
Gleaner, I know you don't.
It's like good old John Mellencamp said, "Nothing Much Matters-and What if it Did?"