Thursday, February 08, 2007

Love Makes You Stupid

I guess like everyone I have a take on the Lovesick Astronaut story. Everyone does.

Mental Health, that's the ticket. NOPE. Stupid Love. Punch Drunk Love.

Even if you didn't, I did and so did most of the rest of the world. Did something really dumb in the name of love.

I won't rehearse everything I ever did. It would be too painful.

LaShawn Barber wrote about this, and she asked people to give her stories of dumb things they have done in the name of Love. It's scary and real. Eric Zorn has a good take on this today in the Chicago Tribune. The fact is, when it come to love we are stupid.

I had the joy of going downtown yesterday to a dress rehearsal of "Cosi Fan Tutti" by Mozart. The meaning of CFT is every woman is like that.

It's not a pretty story. Supposed to be a farce. It's about the fickleness of women betraying their supposed war-lost fiancees for other men. All this within 24 hours of the fiancees shipping off to war. Read the last paragraph of the synopsis linked above. It will show you why I had discomfort with it all.

I guess in the light of the situation with the Astronaut Nowak. it didn't seem that funny to me.

Love hurts. Love makes you blind. Love makes you stupid. Writing an opera about it even if the singing was good and the music beautiful still is a bit painful.

No comments: