Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I find this stuff so you don't have to

If you read the newspaper, listened to talk radio or were generally alive the last few days there has been much brouhaha about Al Gore, his use of power, his carbon footprint and his purchasing carbon credits (from himself) to offset his huge (20 X the average home) greenhouse gas contribution.

I always have loved blatant hypocrisy. Gore did it again. It's so much fun.

So do you. Every time you pass gas or your dog passes gas you add just a bit to the alleged greenhouse effect.

What are you going to do about it? Well, never fear, modern technology to the rescue. A company in Australia is issuing a card for carbon credits for flatulence. If your dog is gassy it only costs you about $6 a year to offset the effect in the atmosphere. You need to buy one for your dog, you, and for that guy next door.

I think I'll get two. Give them next Christmas. My birthday's coming up. I can think of lots of reasons we all need to give the gift that keeps on giving and giving and....

No comments: