Monday, May 14, 2007

Candle burned on BOTH ends

I'm tired.

Friday Loaded 50 boxes of plants, delivered them all. Unpacked them. Picked up a load of pots, delivered them. Late into the evening. Load the truck for the shipment Saturday. Collapse into bed.

Saturday early help a crew at the church get going and work for a couple hours. Come home. Shower up, off to northern WI to deliver a truck and trailerload of plants. Peggy goes with. Nice trip.

Spend the next few hours touring the place we delivered to. Fascinating and very wild. Quick burger and we're off back to St. Charles. Get back to town near 10PM.
Return the trailer to the rental. Go home, go to bed.

Up again at 6. Once more over my notes. I'm preaching. By 8 we're out the door driving nearly 50 minutes to Berwyn to the Church. Get things set up. Decide to play in the band too. I needed that like......

Preach, minister, prophesy. People didn't stone me. I didn't offend them too badly even when I talked of word curses Mothers sometimes put on their children. We have a pretty ethnic congregation and when I rehearsed the one "You're just like your father" they winced. But we ended on a high note of hope.

Then we took the Pastor and his wife to dinner to talk about strategies for the work and God's plans. Get home at 4. Lay down for a nap. 5PM doorbell rings. We had invited a friend to go to Rockford to Faith Center. We wake up, rinse off and down the road an hour we go.

Big service. Pastor Lyon preaches. Wonderful stuff. On the Prophetic. Title, "Prophets are Valuable". Text was from 2 Chronicles 20:12-25. Emphasis on verse 20B. Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful. Very encouraging and embracing. Prophet John Makan and I visit about the Collar Controversy. Much fun. Get out of Rockford by 8:30 and Home by 9:30.

I'm tired. I need a nap. Today I'm going to lay low. I need a new candle. The other one is all burned out.

No comments: