Thursday, May 17, 2007

You Can Do It We Can Help ----- LIE

I was looking for some materials for a project.  Therefore I went to Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, and Menards.  Looking for stuff I was asked several times "are you finding what you are looking for?"  I told them what I was looking for and they wandered about aimlessly wasting my time. After the 4th of these lost souls led me in circles I decided I didn't want to spend any more time following someone as lost as I am.  From then on when they asked, "Can I help you?", I just answered, nope I'm OK.  I wasn't but they couldn't help me.
 
I looked at other customers getting materials for a job they were incompetent to do as well.  They can't do it, and the people at Depot, Lowes or Menards can't help.
 
What these stores really sell is the illusion that you can do it.  It's all fantasy.
 
I get these calls all the time from individuals who visit my Nursery website and want to buy big trees to install at their homes.  I explain the level of intensity to get this done.  They are bold and boasters until I explain that the average tree they are thinking of working with weighs a half ton each.  They thought they were going to throw it in the back of the Subaru.  Dreamers.
 
Then they come to reality after some helpful discouragement from me. 
 
It's the same with the do it your selfers after returning from the big box stores.  They have garages full of stuff and throwing more away of unfinished and failed projects.  Our neighborhood garbage piles on Monday mornings always has materials no one wanted still in the original packaging unopened from the big box home stores.  Not that I spend much time peeking in other folks garbage.  It's just that is the reality.
 
Here's another piece of reality:
 
You can't do it and they can't help. 

No comments: