Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dropping Out of the House

According to this research a large portion of young people drop out of Church after High School and College. I did.

I talking about it this weekend at the Lord of Life Men's retreat. This has been a dream of mine for Lord of Life for several years. There's still one to be realized. This will change everything.

I think the reason this research is so important is we need to know how to bring those folks back.

Some never make the trip home to the Father. It's hard to be out in the elements without a covering. A sermon I heard once said, when we were kids and a storm came our parents would say, "get in the house". If we are far from the Father and storms come there's no house to get in to. We can't hear his call if we are too far away.

Sometimes the Father in love allows storms to come into our lives to bring us back. He did with me.

I guess the most holy prayer I can pray for the lost is, "Lord make them miserable so they will come home to the house where it's safe".

No comments: