Monday, August 06, 2007

Pay me now or pay me later

I have much tell of the Redlin Reunion.

Some funny, some serious, some poignant.

Yesterday at 2 PM we headed off for St. Charles with the full intent of reaching home by 1 or 2 AM.

Somewhere in western MN at a rest stop a funny (not haha) odor came from under the hood of the car. Burning Rubber.

NOT GOOD.

I've burned rubber with a car before but not like this.

I looked under the car and saw what I decided was the problem. We stayed overnight in Winona MN. Nice town. I guess.

Took it to the Buick hospital. They heard what I said was wrong. Looked and (sit down for this) I was wrong. Second time all week.

It was not the belt tensioneer as I thought it might be, it was the AC pump bearing.

$1048 later and 3 hours we were on our way. I called and whined to my brother Steve who said, "That's a car payment or two". I am always preaching to him about it's cheaper to fix than buy and he handed it back to me. The worst thing you can do is to NOT fix it and hope it gets better. Pay me now or pay me later is what that is all about. Only if you wait, the later gets really bad.

It is, the ol Buick at 150,000 is good as new with 150,000 miles added.

It's nice to be home.

No comments: