Friday, August 10, 2007

What's Wrong With This Picture?


This is a chart from before the turn of the century of temperatures recorded by Scientists in Detroit Lakes MN. See anything funny about it?

Here's the rub. You will see how radically the temperature jumps right after the millennium.

Huge spike in global warming. Right?

Wait, what else happened when 1999 turned over to 2000? I saw Office Space and I'm pretty sure I know.

Y2K.

Yep.

A bug. Buggy ol bug.

Course, that will make no difference to the alarmists. But, with the bug debugged the warmest years on record are not the past few, they are in fact 1934, 1998 and 1921. In fact of the 10 hottest years on record 5 occur BEFORE WWII. Oh, it's hot alright. But it's been hot before and if my guess is right it will be hot again.

Just doing my part to keep things on a rational keel as we think about leaping off the bridge because the world is coming to an end. It ain't.

No comments: