Saturday, October 13, 2007

Did we dodge a bullet or are the laser sights on us right now?

In movies with lots of run jump and shoot scenes in them, the one that is the most ominous is the moment in a firefight is not when bullets are being fired and we dodge the bullet, but when someone looks down at their chest or another's forehead and sees the unmistakable signature of a laser sight focused directly on them. The little red dot of death. Unless something changes that person is dead or wounded in the next few seconds. The shot has not yet happened but the targeting has been made.

It's an ominous sign in a movie.

Sometimes the prophetic is like that. I have a commenter who has been poking at me about October 12. I just want to be clear, writing what I did I NEVER predicted disaster or tragedy for Oct 12. Here's the first thing I reported when this began to stir, and here is the second. Show me where I predicted doom, gloom or disaster. If you are part of the Body of Christ there is a warning that the purposes of God might not line up with the purposes of your ministry. That could spell doom for some churches and ministries.

There are/were other prophetic voices calling for caution and even tacitly warning of impending doom. I did not link to them. I did not repeat the prophetic language they used. I don't believe the prophetic should be imparting fear. I thought it was fair to say there WERE prophetic voices in the world saying some dire things. I neither agreed nor disagreed with them. They are responsible for whatever they bring to the One who gave them the gift.

I try to be responsible in the gift I have been given. My judge is not any person, my judge is the judge of all the universe. To Him am I responsible. Oh, you, dear reader, have the right and responsibility to Judge by the Spirit and Word of God as a witness whatever prophetic words I bring. That's scriptural. Of course if you don't believe in Jesus, know the Word of God or have the Spirit of the Living God residing in you how in the world can you make any valid judgement whatsoever?

What you don't have the right to do is to despise Prophecy. Most people have no idea of the purpose of function of the Prophet. What they are not up on they are down on.

Last night I attended a meeting where perhaps 25 prophetic words were brought over a 3 hour period. This was conducted fully according to the order of service laid down by Paul the Apostle. It's how church should be run sometimes. Maybe that's why the Church is in such trouble, we have forgotten how to do Church according to the book.

Nearly ALL the prophetic utterances (I did not speak until the very end) were of being ready, being in warfare, being a soldier of the cross, not fearing the changes and shaking that is coming, and the one that kept coming up again and again was the shaking is here right now.

I thought someone was reading my mail. I know these folks, we don't all read or study the same prophecies given by various prophets around the world. They don't read my blog for the most part. They don't even know about most of the Prophets with whom I am in communication. The one commonalty is we all have the same God dwelling in us and his name is Jesus. We all know, love and read his word. From that the Spirit of the living God flows forth in the prophetic.

So, did anything happen on Oct 12? I still don't know. Neither do you. Except it was the last day of Tishri, the last day of Ramadan the holiest months of Islam and Judaism. The beginning of a New Year. Transition. Convergence.

Maybe we spiritually look at ourselves see if that red dot targeting us. Then the question is who is the shooter? What is being put to death? Maybe it's not the enemy at all?

I don't know for certain. I do know what I heard and saw. I see thru a glass darkly. But I see.

DO YOU? Or are you still blind?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Human subconcious mind reacting in common to subtle external influences. That you can explain all the date convergences meant your subconcious mind knew of them and felt a little fear that someone would use them to do a bad thing. So did the subconcious minds of a bunch of other people who have deluded themselves that this meditative brain state they can achieve actually means something other than what it is.
Keep your little mythical fantasy and I reserve the right to doubt and skepiticize. But don't insult me for 'not knowing' what you know. Maybe I 'knew it' and rejected it. You have no idea my background or level of knowledge nor that of any other skeptic. That you must put us down shows how you fear that we are right.