Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I should be angry, I should be jealous, I should be ashamed.

In the summer of 1995 I received an open vision from the Lord regarding what he was about to do in the Church of Jesus. It was rich and real. I changed my plans to move back to ND because of it.

It was a vision of a healing healthy church with spontaneous live worship, prophetic encouragement and needs being supernaturally met by the presence of God in the services. This church was not focused on teaching and preaching in it's worship services. Teaching and preaching were part of it all but at other times and in other venues. This was so powerful in outreach it meant it was going on much much much more than just on Sunday Mornings, Sunday Nights, Wednesday Nights and Friday Nights. It was an overflow that seemed to never stop.

I saw the place in my minds eye. Full of people. Passion for Jesus. I even saw the building. I saw the people. I saw the whole thing. It changed my life. I have told this story to many people and still have people call me from time to time and ask if I still believe. I do. How could I not. God will remove every obstacle to his plan. He will tear down the dividing walls that hinder unrestrained love.

I knew then that my spiritual destiny and call had just been give and I was to be part of ushering this new move of God into the earth. I have been such a part in Judea, Samaria and to the uttermost parts of the earth.

Where I have failed is in Jerusalem. There is no church within an hour's drive of where we live that is part of this fresh move of God. That stinks when I know I was restrained from moving back to ND because of this
glorious vision and what he wants to do in Kane County.

Now, a young man describes in detail what is going on all around the world and I'm stuck here in spiritually cold dark dead St. Charles IL.

Here are a few excerpts from his piece that are exactly like the vision I had and exactly like what is going on elsewhere but not here:

We are living in the most exciting times in the history of mankind on the earth! All nations are streaming to the mountain of the Lord in worship. The global prayer movement is taking over churches, infusing passion and life into all believers. The acceptance of prophecy is at an all-time high in the Church and especially in the marketplace...outside the walls of the Church! The worship of God in the earth has morphed into a wonderfully creative, dynamic, free expression of all kinds of gifts, movement, color, sound, light, art, culture, language and glory!

Today, we see more and more churches, home groups, and individual believers singing the "song of the Lord" in worship as a dynamic two-way conversation with God that attracts His presence in a very intimate way as nothing else can.

Why is the Lord so captivated by this? God is a singing God! Prophetic Worship simply is listening for the songs and sounds of Heaven--and singing and playing those songs back to God.

In 1992, I saw a vision of congregational worship that has riveted my attention for fifteen years now.

I saw worship teams showing up with no song list, and the Holy Spirit simply gave each song to worshippers as they yielded to Him. There was great unity and harmony among the worshippers, and we all listened as much as we played and sang. We heard the sounds and songs of Heaven and simply joined in. Then I saw angels and the cloud of witnesses and God Himself joining us, as we sang these glorious melodies and harmonies.

This fantastic culture of worship matured to such a degree that most of the songs soon came from people in the congregation. The band and singers on the stage simply facilitated and supported what was happening among the people. There were times when hundreds of people would catch a song from Heaven at the same time, and all would sing together as one practiced voice!

As the presence of God grew stronger and more powerful, the literal glory of God descended in manifest form as a cloud that everyone could see with their eyes. Miracles, salivations and deliverance's all happened spontaneously in this electric atmosphere. No one in the congregation or on the stage was left standing, as we all were pressed down to the ground and unable to stand, because of the awesome power of God's manifest presence.

I have never recovered from this vision, and I believe that we are just beginning to touch the hem of His garment this year. Let's press in for all that He has for us!


HE had that vision in 1992. I had mine first in 1995. I shared it with many people. In the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses let a thing be confirmed. It is.

In 2001 I had a second vision. Charlie Ireland was the Worship Elder at our church. The vision I got was of Charlie coming on the platform getting ready to lead a prepared worship set. Then people from the congregation began to sing a spontaneous song. They came up on the platform and gathered around. The choir of voices in Holy Ghost praise lifted in unison. Charlie made an attempt to control things but it just came uncorked. People hit the floor, some danced, some sang, some wept but in the midst of it all marriages were healed, bodies made whole, depressions lifted, visions seen, hope, joy and peace.

All happening while everyone was in total spontaneous worship and adoration of the Bridegroom King. I shared that vision with the Church in a meeting. It scared some. Some didn't understand it. Some were hungry for it. I'm starving for it.

In the 2001 vision I had worked hard to prepare a word to bring that Sunday, suddenly I realized that if I preached in this atmosphere it would be sacrilege. I thew it on the floor and stepped on it.

A higher level in God erupted.

That was in 2001. Like young women who sometimes have a biological clock ticking in them to have a child, I have a spiritual clock ticking in me. God called me to do this thing. I'm a man on a mission. I'm not getting any younger. I'm where it's supposed to happen.

If I die before he does this thing I will have missed the chance to fulfill the call of God in my life. He will find someone else I'm sure. But Why not here, why not now, why not us? What hinderith us to be Baptised?

It's time to break the religious backbone in this area and allow God to do what he is doing many other places. I have to admit, I'm angry and ashamed and jealous of what others are doing. Oh, I could move, I could become part of what is going on in Rockford or Bolingbrook or Kansas city. But it wouldn't be what God called me to do.

I think of this on Reformation Day. If I were to nail 95 thesis on the door of my heart it would contain a revisit of this vision. Come Lord Jesus.

No comments: