Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Spiritual Roots

I have roots in Jesus that go very deep.  Old world German Lutheran Roots.  Good solid roots.  But the renewal of my spirit that happened over 30 years ago has so revolutionized my life it's important to recognize the place where my roots have reached that I could only have faintly hoped for when my journey began. 
 
Those roots have people's names who were stepping stones for my new birth, life and growth.  Rod Hall, Dan Rothwell, Jim Bakker, Rodney Howard Browne, Todd Beery, Bob Schmidgall, Don Lyon and many others.  Men who have been catalysts that helped me find the place in Jesus I am today.  I have one on one spent time with and under them to have received an impartation of the vision of what God is doing in this day.
 
One of the ministries I appreciate and grasp the vision is the 24-7 prayer movement.  IHOP.  Todd Beery leads one such here in Chicago.  Mike Bickle is the founder of the original in Kansas City. 
 
Mike has connected himself with what I believe to be the most anointed Christian Television broadcasting outlet today, GOD TV.  Those who have Direct TV can watch or you can watch it online here.  Sure, all the usual suspects are there.  Hinn, Duplantis, Meyer, Jakes, Dollar, Hagee and Ed Young (who is one of the more creative guys on the planet).
 
I like these "Usual Suspects" for the most part. But they are everywhere on every Christian TV outlet.  And, bluntly for the most part they are old school and do not express what God is doing today.  Maybe Hinn a little as he uses the power of worship to release healing.  The rest are just good entertaining and clever creative teachers and preachers.  They do not represent the flavor God Channel is releasing that I so much appreciate. 
 
That flavor is more exemplified by prophetic voices and those of prayer who are on the channel.  Steve Hill, Reinhard Bonnke, Cindy Jacobs, Pat King, Che Ahn, Mahesh Chavda, Rick Joyner, Rodney Howard Browne and Ron Luce.
 
Of course, all over the God Channel schedule is the House of Prayer, Mike Bickle, IHOP in live broadcasts, devotionals, conferences and related ministries.
 
They are worth my support.  I am going to change out my satellite provider to access them.  They have been a powerful bold voice for the Gospel in countries all over the world.   They broadcast from Jerusalem.  Right now they are reaching more than 212 nations.  More effective in my opinion than all of the other broadcast and satellite TV networks combined to date.  How they began and what they went thru to get God TV up and running is truly amazing and inspiring.
 
They represent my Spiritual DNA in teaching and prophetically.  I'm not God TV.  I'm God's Gene and his genes are in me.  Those genes are present in the meristematic material at the very tips of the ever expanding roots of Gene.

No comments: