Saturday, December 08, 2007

Watching Oil and Houses Drop in Price

Trees have tops. The cure for high prices is high prices. All markets correct.

These truths are absolute. Business and economic systems are cyclical.

I remember growing up people saying,
"Invest in real estate, they ain't making any more" and the one I never understood, "Real estate always holds it value and goes up". Wait, I'm 60 years old and have seen 5, count em, 5 big real estate value collapses. 1958, 1967, 1984, 1994 and this one.

This kind of thinking makes poor fools of all of us.

I had a friend call me the other day who was talking about buying a piece of real estate at about 80% of it's appraised value. Instant Equity he said.

NOT EXACTLY. Real estate is going to be flat to drifting lower for 20 months or better.

Now is a good time to rent if you don't already own. Then in 25 months you can buy. Read this.

As Robert Kiyosaki said in Rich Dad Poor Dad, "Your home is never an investment, it's an expense". Those words are coming more and more true in this day.

And oil is headed down unless we or someone bombs Iran.

Last night Bruce Foster prophesied over me that people who have been unwilling to hear the leading of the spirit through my prophetic gift will begin to hear what the Spirit of God says.

I only hope my friend does.

No comments: