Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winter Wonder on the Land

Big Snow last night.  6 inches or more of global warming came down.  My snow blower got right out of bed and marched out to confront the white stuff.
 
Guilt set in.  I got up and helped.  It was actually kind of nice.  Bright, clean, white pure fun.
 
Exercise before breakfast is something new for me.  Wait exercise after breakfast, lunch or dinner is something new for me seeing as how I never do.
 
But it is pretty.  It's already melting since it's above freezing.  I got my roses covered with leaves before the snow.  And my very tender variegated hydrangeas.
 
It's good to be in Illinois.  Lots of horticultural adventures.
 
I  might just pile a big pile of leaves on top  of where my glads were last summer.  I didn't lift the bulbs.  Soon as this melts if it doesn't get too cold I'll do that.  I already have all my tomato vines and squash vines piled on top.  And it hasn't yet frozen on the ground.  SO, I just might.  I have never been able to get them to overwinter after I lift them.  They always rot.
 
We have yet to put a single Christmas light up.  Neither has our neighbors.  The nice weather held everyone back.  Now we will trudge thru the snow and do it.  Smart, sorta, not so much.
 
I'm feelin sorta merry.  Bah Humbug will come later. 

No comments: