Saturday, March 29, 2008

Comments on Comments

I don't get that many comments. More than some, far fewer than most. It's not because I'm right all the time.

I'm not. I'm Right WING.

To Timothy. I read your comment, I linked to the video. It was moving and very impressive. There is a problem however, the reason for the reformation is that things needed to be reformed. The problem is that pride cuts both ways. So, I'll stay pretty reformed. However, watching the video reinforces the no compromise face like flint commitment to certain things that Catholics believe.

The problem is, there are things that Catholics believe (or seem to as I listen to Catholic Radio) theologically that are way on the fringe for me. Marian Devotion is one. Mass centered worship is another. And, the one you mentioned, I'm a big believer in the Priesthood of all Believers. That was the reformation that was most needed. But, Timothy my brother, you and I have much in common, much. And I'll see in in Heaven I'm sure. I'll try to look you up. I know it shocks my Evangelical friends but I believe Catholics are Christians, not all of them but many. I Believe that many Assembly of God adherents, Lutherans, Baptists, and Dutch Reformed people are Christians. Not all but many.

Belonging to a denomination has nothing to do with who you are in Christ. It can help you get there, but it can also keep you from getting there. That is my argument with the Catholic Church. It seems to keep people from getting there. Anything that hinders love is not of Christ.

TO Ron, a man who I say and continue to say I respect. He is knowledgeable wise and when he says something to me I consider it very carefully. I may not, and many times do not agree with him. That doesn't damage love. It just means we don't agree. If I read the book of Acts (and Galatians) there were times when folks then didn't agree.

Regarding the argument that is basically an identity argument you make, I'm just like thus and so. I won't buy into that. I'm not, you're not just like anyone.

If I am a Prophet and I'll allow you to judge rightly or wrongly if I am or not, I have opinions. Not all opinions are prophetic in nature. But, they are at the core. I cannot have an opinion if I am a prophet to be counter to what God says. It cannot be one that goes directly against the Word of God.

The wisest man I know said that as a Prophet I am to Say what God says. I do.

I use ridicule and hyperbole to point out the things I am confident God is not pleased with. Abortion, lies from a Candidate for President to achieve her own ends, false worship of a candidate, exploitation of a Pastor of his flock and preaching a message contrary to the word of God, Fear and Cowardice (Jesus says that the cowardly will end up in the lake of fire Rev 21:8)

8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

God opposes an oppressive false religion that uses death and fear to accomplish it's ends, lies used to exploit and cause fear in people (like global warming), using a false pretext to cause guilt in people like racism and many others that in a brief review of the posts of the recent past I have written on. I believe that I am saying what God says. I know this, that Jesus came and said FEAR NOT every time he appeared. When the sea was riled he said Fear Not. When the centurion's Servant was sick, he said Fear Not. So when I see fear mongering with peak oil, or political candidates using identity politics to drive a wedge I say what God Says. Fear Not.

Don't misunderstand, prophet or not, I have a sense of Humor. I enjoy clever things. I post them when I do. I also suffer pain, anger, tears, humor, frustration. That's just me sometimes.

The main argument you post is that I am somehow blinded to the flaws of George Bush. Oh, I'm well aware of them. He has spent too much money. He hasn't led well. Much of the mess in the markets lies at his feet.

But, all that is small change when compared to the steel will he exhibits in fighting the fight of our generation. In the middle east, in our country, in the world. He is a man on a mission, a mission I support in the face of opposition from well meaning but misunderstandings of people who don't grasp the depth of the danger from radical Islam. This global struggle must be waged. I fear for western civilization should Obama get into power. His recklessness could cause a reversal that may not be undone for 200 years. Clinton and McCain are not as reckless. Both understand the gravity of the situation. My argument with Clinton is she is part of a Political Machine that has had too much power too long and does not bode well for the country.

All that said, lies and all, she would be a far superior POTUS to Obama.

So, my Friend Ron, as much as I admire your wisdom and as well as you write, on this issue we will remain separate. You may never see what I see. I am thankful every day for George Bush and his dedication to our country and to true justice. He could be polishing up his legacy right now, instead he is steadfast doing what God called him to do. I'm that strong in my support for him.

Look at the exposure of the evils of Islam in the world today. In fact, I will post this that came from Moody yesterday. The result of the last 6 years and 4000 deaths.
God bless George Bush.

He is a part of building the Kingdom of God on earth.

That is a prophetic truth that you will have to deal with even if you disagree with me, Bush, America, The War in Iraq and lots of other things happening here.

1 comment:

Ron McK said...

No Gene
It was an example, not an analogy.

We tend to think that false prophets were wrong all the time. That is not true. They were right most of the time. That is how they became recognized as prophets. They also made lots of noise. Their problem was that when it came to the big issue or the big decision, they got it wrong. Usually because they were too loyal to their nation or to a particular king.

I worry that you are blind to the big issue for America. The big issue for America is, and always has been, trust in military power. Your coins say that you trust in God, but they are wrong. You trust in military power. New Zealand and Canada negotiated independence from Britain, you guys had to fight (ironically over a tax on tea that is minuscule compared to the taxes you now pay to maintain your military idol). New Zealand made a covenant with its indigenous people, but America sent in Custer and his mates. Most western countries got rid of slavery by legislation, but you guys had to have a war (an waste half a million lives).

Your solution to every problem seems to be to “Send in the Marines”. Most the movies that come out of Holywood have the same theme. When I visited Washington DC, I was intrigued to see all the statues of military generals and the busloads of children being taught to worship the gods of war at Arlington. You even have Hagee and Lindsay describing Jesus as sweeping back down like a latter day General Sherman and establishing his kingdom with a scorched earth policy.

The truth is that the Kingdom of God cannot be established by military power. Jesus did not call a legion of angels to assist. Faith in military power gave us the crusades. The Kingdom of God expands as the Holy Spirit changes lives.

Now you are fighting another war in Iraq in a misguided attempt to achieve some noble but impossible purpose. That will fail like all your other attempts. The advance of Islam is a serious concern, but it will not be stopped by military power. It will only be stopped by the gospel and the work of the Spirit.

The sad thing is that if America falls, it will not be because it is invaded by the Iranians, it will be because it collapsed from within. That is already starting to happen as your culture kills the gospel and the life of the Spirit. Already the Middle Eastern and Asian sovereign wealth funds are buying up your banks and businesses. Most Treasury bonds are held by foreigners. While you are fighting the wrong war, you are losing the ones that count at home.

I am not suprised that the American people cannot see this, because they have been indoctrinated since childhood, but I expect the prophets to see more clearly.

Your statement that George Bush and his war is “part of building the Kingdom of God on earth” makes me cringe. I see it as an insult to Jesus and His Holy Spirit. So this is not something that people can just disagree about. It actually means that we are looking for a different kingdoms. I certainly do not want to part of the Kingdom that you seem to be seeking.

So Gene, you are right about many things, but blind when it comes to the big issue. That is scary territory.

Ron