Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've come to realize

Despite my efforts to "Educate" people on the evils of Obama those who are for him won't change their mind (Bob) and those who are against him only nod their heads. 
 
So all my ranting and raving about what a danger he is to western civilization falls on deaf ears both ways.
 
So, I'll back off for now.
 
A guy I know just bought a huge radio station in Fargo Moorhead's market.  50,000 watt.  He's gonna make it a talker.  It's good because in liberal Fargo Moorhead there is very little conservative talk radio.  People vote stupid in ND. Dorgan, Pomeroy and Konrad all liberal Dems (but for Bush in the General Election).  WHAT?  They think they are a Red state but because they are on welfare (ag subsidies) they are pink or purple. 
 
They need to get their bearings.  I hope Scott helps them.
 
What makes this poignant is there is a friend of mine who had a shot at getting a talk radio gig in Fargo but made another decision.  Life turns on right decisions.  He took the apparently less risky path which now turns out was a far more risky path.
 
He has made life's decisions that will forever sentence him to live in mediocrity. 
 
I'm sad for him and his family.  Oh, he'll do OK. He'll make a living.  His family won't starve.  But, he missed the chance of a lifetime by a stupid stupid decision that will haunt him till he dies.
 
I don't know why I am blogging on this except to say, life's big doors of opportunity turn on little bitty hinges.
 
His slammed shut - Permanently!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...a stupid stupid decision that will haunt him till he dies.


Whoa!

Gene said...

You'd have to know more Bob. Maybe I'll tell you more in an email.