Monday, April 28, 2008

Global Warming means I have to bring my plants back in and a lot of other things

I had already taken some of my more tender plants outside. Begonias, geraniums, citrus, and a few others. Things that don't mind mid 30s.

But, darn that global warming, here we go again.

So, back into the greenhouse they go.

Because of this I get from the NWS:

...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 7 AM CDT TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A FREEZE WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 7 AM CDT TUESDAY.

LOW TEMPERATURES TONIGHT WILL FALL INTO THE UPPER 20S AND LOWER 30S... WITH SOME AREAS LIKELY TO EXPERIENCE SEVERAL HOURS OF SUB- FREEZING TEMPERATURES LATE TONIGHT.

A FREEZE WARNING MEANS SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. THESE CONDITIONS WILL KILL CROPS AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION.

Maybe I'll burn some ethanol to keep them warm and starve a peasant:
The biofuels debacle is global warm-mongering in a nutshell: The first victims of poseur environmentalism will always be developing countries. In order for you to put biofuel in your Prius and feel good about yourself for no reason, real actual people in faraway places have to starve to death.

I can only hope common sense will hit us all soon. I don't have great hope. It looks like that insane farm bill is about to pass.

Is there no one who will speak for reality?

No comments: