Monday, April 28, 2008

Longing to see this day

Peggy and I have been watching two different broadcasts of some wonderful revivals going on in the world.
 
One is the continuing meetings that Rodney Howard Browne has been having around the country.  I follow what he does carefully.  It's miraculous what is going on. 
 
The other are the amazing revival meetings coming from Lakeland Florida with Todd Bentley.
 
We have missed almost none of these nights.  It's been wonderful.  We've Seen blind eyes opened, deaf ear's opened, people walking who couldn't before.  Lame walking and leaping.
 
It's been a wonderful thing.  No preaching, just the miracle power of God.
 
What a day we are living in. 
 
Tonight I watched John Kilpatrick pray over Todd Bentley.  John was a good friend of Pastor Dan Rothwell.  When revival broke out in Pensacola some years ago Dan really wanted to see it come to Fargo.  Rodney Howard Browne had been there.  It was all wonderful.  Ruth Heflin had prophesied that there would come a day when a line would be around First Assembly.  It was.  When Pastor Dan's Funeral was held.
 
Sometimes when Pr Dan and I would talk about these things he would tell me of the waves of Glory and the River of God that he experienced in Pensacola. 
 
He so wanted to see this day.  But a few years ago he passed away.  Cancer.  I wish he were alive to see what we are seeing now.
 
There was Papa Joe Frankhauser.  He's gone too.  Late 80s when he changed worlds.  But he loved to watch God TV and Rodney Howard Browne.  He loved the move of God. 
 
He would love what is happening now.
 
I know these good men who I loved so much are like the Prophets of Old that Jesus Spoke of when he said, I can guarantee this truth: Many prophets and many of God's people longed to see what you see but didn't see it, to hear what you hear but didn't hear it.  Matthew 13:17
 
Of course the Pharisees and Religious see the day and passed it by.  They ignored it.  They pass on what God is doing for what they are doing.
 
I guess I understand how that happens.  But the days are short. They will miss the day.  Die, maybe go to heaven and realize they could have had Heaven right here on earth.
 
I won't give you much information.  You can check the Todd Bentley meetings from 7-10 PM on God TV.  Google it.  Every night.
 
I wish I were there with them.  I know Pastor Dan Wishes he could be.  When I saw John Kilpatrick I realized how we, he and I are who are left.  Younger men and women are taking our place.
 
We can only bless them. 
 
I'll bet Pastor Dan and Pappa Joe wish they could be part of it all.  Maybe they are.

No comments: