Friday, May 02, 2008

I didn't get saved to join a country club

When I came to Jesus in Holy Ghost Power in 1980 I didn't go  looking for the best church I could join that gave me the most connections.   I already belonged to that church when I was saved.  I already had connections.  I already had people who with whom I networked.  
 
So, when I was saved and delivered I didn't want to be part of a Country Club Church.  I thought that I just missed it.  That somehow at First Lutheran was a group serious about seeking after God.
 
Pitifully there wasn't.  Talk in the coffee place after church was about golf games, vacations, business deals, fishing and  connections.  Nothing about Jesus.  They were nice people.  Just not really interested in anything other than getting members to the club.
 
In fact at that very church I was invited to join the Masonic Lodge.  WOW.
 
Within a few months I was gone.  I ended up at the most despised church in town, at least to some.  It was known as "THAT CHURCH".  They were radical and only wanted to talk about Jesus.
 
No country club.  Not even a Jesus Club.  A group of sold out passionate focused people looking to take back the ground the devil had stolen.
 
I haven't changed.  I have no interest in joining any church country club.  The minute any church I am part of becomes a club I'm gone if I can't yell loud enough to break the deceiving spell of the clubby atmosphere demon.
 
I so much want to be part of a church the Devil hates.  Not some nice little church on the corner.  I want to be part of something so radical, so sold out, so passionate, so on fire, so completely abandoned to seeking the Glory of God that nothing else matters.
 
There are places like that.  I wouldn't have to ever go to a conference or a meeting anywhere else.
 
Today I saw some sold out passionate friends of mine.  They said to me,  "Hey stranger are you lost, No, I said,  I'm home". 
 
Home is where your heart is.  My heart is in sold out passion for Jesus.  So if I'm ever in a place where that's going on, I'm home. 
 
Otherwise I'm just visiting a club.  Not something I look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dunt forget to pay your membership due this sunday