Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Taking a Stand

On Friday and Saturday night in our home town Kim Clement was here in St. Charles.  We were there.  So were several thousand others from this area.
Kim Clement is a modern day prophet and his prophetic gift is not only tested, but fulfils all the purposes of Prophecy after Pentecost.
 
Encouragement and Foresight.
 
The church that sponsored this was Praise Ministries of Geneva IL.  I have never attended a regular service there.  I don't know the people there.  I have friends who attend there but that's all I know of that.  I wrote them and thanked them for bringing this to town.
 
What was interesting about all of this was the catalog of churches and ministries who were sponsoring or cooperating churches.  To sponsor or cooperate means you promoted the meeting in your church, financially helped, sent people to work as ushers and encouraged people to come.
 
Looking over the list was revealing:
  • 4 Independent Charismatic Churches
  • 2 Assembly of God Churches
  • 2 Vineyard Churches
  • 3 Para Church Ministries
  • 1 Baptist
  • 1 Reformed
  • 1 Covenant
  • 2 Lutheran Church Mo Synod Churches
 
Let me be very clear.  This was uber Charismatic shofar blowing dancing in the aisles radical Christian expression.  Black white Hispanic and Asian in large numbers.  Very wild stuff.
 
I do wonder where the Presbyterians are, the Methodists, the ELCA or others.
 
There were a lot of Catholics there.  Even Nuns.  Tough for the Catholic Church to take a stand.  St John's Neumann has a strong Charismatic Community and I wondered why they didn't take a stand.
 
I think this is what heaven will be like. 
 
I also think that the debate going on over at John Armstrong's blog between Confessional Lutherans and the rest of us has already been answered.
 
LCMS churches and pastors who have the courage to take a stand did.  This gives me hope.  God is on the move.
 
I will review all the prophetic utterances I could grasp that I wrote down here.
 
I also have finally figured out why Pentecostals won't come to my Home LCMS church.  It took me a while but in those meetings it hit me why hundreds of Pentecostals who love Jesus with all their heart will visit but never come back to my Church.  It's not about them.  It's not about us.  It's indigestion. More later.

No comments: