Thursday, July 31, 2008

Made me Laugh and say Ouch

There is a clever well written website and now a book called Stuff White People Like. I had heard of it, but then in an hour interview yesterday on Wisconsin Pubic Radio I laughed as I heard the author describe himself. He's a white liberal with a masters degree in English. Barak Obama supporter. He has really defined clearly the white liberal stereotype.

If you have the courage, go read some of these entries. You will laugh and if you are a liberal you will squirm.

My favorites are:
Having Black Friends
The Daily Show and Colbert
Knowing What's best for Poor People
Vegetarianism
Being Offended
I am of the opinion that the book is better. I heard him read from the book and it was far more humorous and comprehensive. I think I'll get a copy. My son Kevin needs to read it. He is very white indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this too...somewhere...I though you posted it before, no?

and yep, I laughed too.

The internets are vast...and it is not a series of tubes, by the way.