Friday, August 01, 2008

Other People's Money

I'm an expert on how other people should spend their money. Fortunately they all ignore me. That's because it's not MY money. If it were MY money I would spend it how I see fit. So should they.

That works as long as I am a private citizen. When the government, any government, mandates how I will spend MY money that is intrusion of the worst kind.

There are lots of ways. Taxes, school funding, fees, in Massachusetts mandatory health insurance and hundreds of unfunded mandates. It's easy to pass a mandate when it's not your money. It's also cowardly.

Liberals like Obama think it's their job to tell others how to spend their money. His plan for our economy is to force oil companies to write a check to every American family. Why? Because they made profits.

I have said before, liberal economics is oxymoronic. They have no clue.

OK, I'll say this just once. IT'S THEIR MONEY BARRY!

You can tax it. Then they will make other decisions. Moving offshore comes to mind. These are international corporations and they can move the money anywhere anytime.

The naivete of this candidate and the idiot advisers surrounding him is a bad omen of the kind of president he will be. I wish I could speak in his ear. Hey, Barry, find some people that actually KNOW something about economics.

There were a couple from a prior administration. Robert Rubin and Robert Reich. I might not agree with them, but at least they actually studied a little economics somewhere and have some kind of proven track record one can appreciate.

The rest are political hacks who's only claim to fame is good politics.

Winning at elections, losers at governing. For a prime example, see our current democrat led house and senate.

What a fiasco.

No comments: