Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dis-included Decision

I have been thinking a great deal about a post by a fellow blogger. I referred to it earlier.

The issue was that the church that she was attending spent the whole time on families and children and little on single people or young adults.

I guess I think this is more about decision than dis-inclusion.

The church has decided to target families and children. That's a ministry choice. Probably one made carefully.

The "Payoff" in souls is much higher than trying to reach 30 something singles.

Besides there are many places of contemplation and prayer for singles to identify in. I spend a fair amount of time in the House of Prayer in our area. Mostly single. Not me. But mostly.

In Kansas City too.

So, I guess while I understand the sense this writer had of being dis-included, It was not targeted towards her. Churches can't possibly be all things to all people.

There is a church in Tulsa Oklahoma who's total focus is kids. So is Bill Wilson in NYC.

SO, find another venue, they have made a choice, a decision. And when I consider that most people come to Jesus in youth and seldom after, it's a good one.

No comments: