Monday, August 11, 2008

The Terror of the Prophetic

The other night while with other prophets talking till the wee hours of the morning about what is going on in the Spirit I mentioned how sometimes when I have a clear powerful word for a person I am fearful of giving it.

Sometimes when I give such a word it all comes to pass even when I didn't hope or want it to. I want good for people but sometimes a warning is God's best.

It seems like God will carry out his prophetic word He has chosen to give thru me even if it isn't what I might have wanted to say or do.

Then Prophet Bruce handed me a Bible and asked me to read this passage from Isaiah 44.

24 This is what the Lord says—

your Redeemer and Creator:

“I am the Lord, who made all things.

I alone stretched out the heavens.

Who was with me

when I made the earth?

25 I expose the false prophets as liars

and make fools of fortune-tellers.

I cause the wise to give bad advice,

thus proving them to be fools.

26 But I carry out the predictions of my prophets!

By them I say to Jerusalem, ‘People will live here again,’

and to the towns of Judah, ‘You will be rebuilt;

I will restore all your ruins!’

27 When I speak to the rivers and say, ‘Dry up!’

they will be dry.

28 When I say of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd,’

he will certainly do as I say.

He will command, ‘Rebuild Jerusalem’;

he will say, ‘Restore the Temple.’”

TLV


I suddenly was able to see by scripture that this fear and trembling is well founded. I want never ever to give a word to a person, a Church or a Ministry that isn't directly from the Throne as it Speaks. I want to be accurate and encouraging.

The Lord carries out the words of His Prophets for His Name's Sake. That terrifies me no end. I will not take the name of the Lord in Vain. If I ever give you a word you can trust it or God will take me out. That is the Terror of the Prophetic.

No comments: