Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christian Cowards

I have a real problem with those people who call themselves Christian when in fact they are cowards. In the past few days I have confronted several on a direct basis asking the question why as evangelical pastors they are willing to and are encouraging a vote for a candidate who's promise is that he will pass a pro abortion bill as soon as he is installed as President.

A man who has called Prop 8 in California divisive and discriminatory. That opposing gay marriage is a horrible thing to do.

A man who pals around people who hate Israel.


When I confront them by email and or comment on their blogs, they back away. No answer.

I know in the garden that Adam and Eve hid themselves because of their sin. It's no different
the reaction from these people. They would couch their cowardice in wanting to avoid controversy. In wanting to bee respectful. Rather than having the courage to stand up for their duplicity under the light of day.

What grieves me is the people these so called christian leaders are leading astray. They are leading them over the edge like lemmings.

If they want to vote as they vote, then for GOD'S SAKE have the courage to stand up for what you believe. They won't. In fact, in one case all I received was snide remarks. To be fair, I have some pastor friends for whom the war and other issues trumps the life issues and Romans 1 morality. We have gone toe to toe on those issues. I respect their courage. It's the others I have zero respect for. I'm afraid that spinelessness is a disease they catch in seminary.

These spineless pastors and leaders are duplicitous. Doubleminded. Unstable.

Jesus warned of such in Matthew 7: (Emphasis mine)
A Tree and Its Fruit
15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

No comments: