Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Moderation or Word Verification or Both?

As a blogger I use Moderation for comments. That means that before a comment is posted I read it first. I do so out of consideration for many who read this blog who attend one of the Church ventures I am part of and who might use it to lambaste someone. There are comments that do NOT make the cut.

On the other hand. I do NOT use Word Verification. Some blogs in order to keep automated spam out of their comment feeds use this. I guess it works.

I have two blogs I maintain every single day. I very seldom get any spam from blogbots.

Seldom.

If I do I can just tick them and push the delete tab and they are gone.

What I don't get is those who use both. Moderation seems the best course for me. The word verification thing I don't get. Why would anyone use that sort of control?

You do what you want, but it's a dumb thing IMHO.

1 comment:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.