Friday, January 16, 2009

Background RAP

I was eating in a South side Chicago Cafe yesterday. Nice Place. Managed by a woman from the south side.

I spoke with her and encouraged her.

However as I ate my breakfast the music on the overhead speakers in the room, mood music, background, the Muzak if you will was RAP music. To be clear, I like some RAP music. For an old guy that's some admission. So I wasn't offended, just bemused.

Urban music in an urban cafe owned and operated by urban people with Mr UBER WHITE Gene enjoying the RAP with his grits.

Things don't get any goofier than that. I think I was expressing my inner Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'bout time you got kickin' with us brothers. We're like God-we'll love anyone, including middle-age old guys who like grits-and they better not be instant grits. No respectable southern person would ever be caught dead eating instant grits...same goes for Pentecostals.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeloN23PRrc

(couldn't resist...)

Selah