Thursday, January 15, 2009

Madam Butterfly she Ain't

We went to the Opera. Madam Butterfly. I was angry again at Pinkerton. And teared up for the Butterfly. Again.

Beautiful Music. Tragic story. Of course, then without apology, Miss Saigon the musical steals the plot word for word and makes a million. Just like Rent and La Boheme. Why not see the original and skip the fake?

Anyway. There was a gal there. A date. In a strapless gown. Maybe mid 20s. Someone's date.

I'll bet when she got those tattoos it seemed like a great idea. And, the piercings. Bolts in all parts of her anatomy. And then strap yourself into a glorious gown for an elegant date at the Opera.

Somehow, it all seemed out of place. Weird.

Madam Butterfly she wasn't....at least to me......I hope to her date.

I'm getting old I'm afraid. Those young people!

No comments: