Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Given the Fickle Finger of Fate

It appears that a clue to some forms of success is indicated by the length of the ring finger in relationship to the index finger.

I'll let you decide after you read the article.

By the way, my ring finger is well over an inch longer than my index finger.

That proves....What....I don't know for sure.

I did read the article. I guess I confess I agree with this conclusion:

The length ratio between those two fingers is determined during the development of the fetus and the relatively longer ring finger indicates greater exposure to the male hormone androgen, the researchers noted.

Previous studies have found that such exposure can lead to increased confidence, risk preferences, search persistence, heightened vigilance and quickened reaction times.

In a separate study last year, Coates and colleagues reported that the hormone that drives male aggression and sexual interest also seemed able to boost short term success at finance.


I just wish it wasn't short term. I have had great success in finance and then.....Androgen kicks in. Poof!

No comments: