Friday, September 11, 2009

How I know for sure that God’s Power is with me

When I was baptized in the Spirit and spoke in tongues, I knew the power of God was with me, and this power has stayed with me ever since. Speaking in tongues was a sign of that power, God’s way of assuring me that the Holy Spirit power had come. I have never needed to ask for power again. If I had not spoken in tongues, how would I ever have known I had power? By feelings? Feelings fluctuate hourly and are not to be trusted. God gave me an objective sign, speaking in tongues. Then I knew. I dare to go forward, not waiting for feelings of power. Strong men don’t feel strong until they use their strength. Believers don’t realize their power until they work for Christ. But if we know we have the Holy Spirit, then we know we have power for whatever situation arises.

Some people pray and pray for years for the power and are never sure they have it. They become frustrated and disappointed. They pray for a lifetime. They conclude that power only comes in times of revival. But the power of the Holy Spirit is revival. I was baptized in the Spirit and spoke in tongues. Since then I have never doubted that God is with me. I have the Spirit of revival. When I stand before huge congregations around the world, I enjoy abounding confidence that the Holy Spirit power is with me.

The move of the Holy Spirit represents the greatest evangelistic thrust of all time, bringing tens of millions into the Kingdom of God. It began when people spoke in tongues and knew God had endued them with power. They simply went out with confidence to set the world on fire. They made the last and this the greatest century of soul-winning ever known. I pray that you may receive the very same assurance by the Holy Spirit that is also mine until today. Blessed? Please tell me. I pray for you. REINHARD BONNKE

No comments: