Friday, March 02, 2012

I am an OLD Lutheran in Heritage. I remember well confirmation class at the hands of Pastor John Bohlman. He would be as appalled as I am at the use of words that are closet swear words. Snap. Freekin. Oh My God OMG. And a zillion others that crop up in our vernacular. I was even afraid to say HECK. DANG. I'm over some of that, but I still cringe when I hear someone use a word I know is j...ust a smokescreen for what they are really wanting to say.

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear". Ephesians 4:29

I'm not legalistic, I just think that as Christians we need to watch what we say a bit better. I have even heard it from the Pulpit. Careful saints.

1 comment:

margaret said...

I believe there is an evil spirit of swear words, anti-God curse words and 'potty mouth'. I know when these kinds of words are planted in my mind on occasion, I have had to invoke Jesus' powerful name to get rid of the spirit. It works every time!