Friday, March 02, 2012

Pastor Nate Swartzentruber (you are still Pastor Nate to many of us brother) reminded me of a conversation I had with another First Assembly alumni. Pastor Dan was the Apostle of that Church. He was in many ways my Spiritual Father. His philosophy about closing church because of snowstorms was classic. Despite the fact that we had a LOT of blizzards, First Assembly of Fargo ALMOST NEVER canceled a service. Pastor Dan's question was: "Are the Bars Open?" IF they were..we had services. I miss Pastor Dan. It's been several years since he died, yet his spirit and anointing stays with me to this day. I hope I can be of some influence for good for a new believer as he was with me. RIP my Older (not in age) Brother. I know Barry Kolb remembers this loss when it happened, and he was kind and compassionate as I was in grief over it. I was able to pick up the phone any time and call Pastor Dan for good wise counsel. I really miss that. There are few of these men. I am thankful for those who demonstrate what really matters. I have sat at Crusaders and thought how much Pastor Dan would have loved the Apostolic and Prophetic flow that is there. He was very close to Jessy Dixon. Often wanted to come plant a Church in Urban Chicago. MAN..I have hopped on the train called reminiscing. Sorry.

No comments: