Monday, July 16, 2012

46 years ago today

Hot Saturday afternoon. Wind was blowing. Friends and family gathered. First Lutheran Church Fargo. Carol and John stood. She said I do, I said I do and we did. Still do.

She 18 Me 21.
There have been rocky roads, some very hard.

Yet the destination has been worth the sometimes hard journey. I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now.

She has been more wonderful than I deserve. I have not always been the man I wish I were or that she thinks I am sometimes.

Yet..here we are. Together. In love.

Anniversary Blessings to my Precious Peggy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed anniversary to you two. Young squirts! ,,, "And God put Gene into a deep sleep,t ook out a rib, and then Gene woke up, rubbed his eyes,and said, 'Whooh, man'!"
And ever since then she was called, "woman".
But her parents called her Peggy. .............. h.h.

Kathleen Blake said...

happy anniversary and wishing many more to come to you both.

margaret said...

Awww beautiful post! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!