Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Cause of Persistent Poverty - Self Sabotage

This is a tough one. If a person can't see themselves out of poverty, they will stay in poverty. I'm not talking about imagining a new caddy with a picture on the fridge. I mean really knowing in your knower that you are going to come out of it.

Many people come into money or prosperity for a season and piddle it away.
Sometimes it's guilt, an improper view of one's self and sometimes it's just self destructive behavior. While they talk a good game, they really don't believe that they deserve success, so they subconsciously derail any opportunity for achievement. Many people inherit assets, get an enviable job and then squander the opportunity to keep what they have received and achieved. Soon it's gone and they have sabotaged their success.

I know about this because I have been one of these. In the last 12 years a million and a half dollars has passed thru my hands. I achieve great things and then find myself starting over. I hate the fact that I live in great potential. "There is no heavier burden than great potential". Linus from Peanuts.

To keep myself on the right track, I have to constantly keep my thought life under control. I have to constantly battle personal sin that would beset me. I live a constant life of repentance and forgiveness first of myself. IF I live in guilt I will self sabotage.

I know this much, wealth starts from within. It is an inner game. Self Sabotage comes from the heart and the antidote is dealing with the issues of the heart. I really believe that it is a FEAR OF SUCCESS that is at the heart of this cause of poverty. Our personal vices, sorrows, failings will eventually cause us to self sabotage because we don't believe we deserve what is coming our way. Self sabotage is when we declare that we want a thing and then go about making certain it doesn't happen. That's a tough way too live and will keep us in poverty.

A testimony on overcoming this syndrome:
I received a precious promise from God at a Crusader church 18 months ago. It was a dark time financially for me. I was in a rough place and feeling defeated. I received this word not from any human, but in my Spirit. Spirit to spirit. I was given a promise that if I would trust HIM and believe (not self sabotage) he would provide for me at a certain level that frankly was hard to believe for. He even gave me the amount he would provide. He has been as good as his word. To the penny. It's a decent 6 figure number. One thing that overcomes Self Sabotage is a sure word of the Lord. It's why I am so committed to the prophetic for his People. IF GOD says your are about to come into a certain level of provision, are you going to easily sabotage that? I don't think so.

The prophetic word will trump your self doubts (Sabotage)...if you just believe GOD!

I did and I haven't been able to sabotage the flow... That is a victory of the heart.

Thank You Jesus



PS:

It's recognized by many psychologists, self sabotage. I have read about it for years. Remember, I have a full library of books on business, economics, motivation and related psychological treatises. I have made it a life's study to know all there is to know about success and failure. Poverty and Prosperity. I have known many people that have manifested this. They make a lot of money and then subconsciously drive themselves to end up broke because they don't think they really deserve it. Guilt about having something that others don't have. Some lottery winners do this. It is not all my personal story, yet I recognize some of this in my own life. I am pretty introspective and honest with myself. Having been a very wealthy person twice and almost broke three times I spot some of this pattern. I have had my ups and downs. Some people think it's because I am a risk taker, that it is an entrepreneurs fate to ride the roller coaster. They celebrate such, Col Sanders and JC Penny. That they will put it all on red. That's why getting what amounts to a check from the mouth of God in a prophetic promise silenced the syndrome. Yes, it is true, I am a builder, willing to take a chance. I am unwilling to allow what amounts to a lie of the devil to keep me down. The darkness hates light. Bringing this to the light helps all of us as it points out things that are traps. I think it's a significant issue that robs many of their provision and prosperity. Every one of the things I have posted, some of which have angered some, are hammered out on the anvil of experience and are proven by professional observation. IF any of what I have written has made any of you angry, it is an indication that you need to examine your heart. The only chicken that squawks is the one that is hit when a stone is thrown into the flock.

No comments: