Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where I been

Tuesday PM after an appointment Peggy and I jumped in the Buick and roared off to Milwaukee to the KCM Believers convention.

We have been to several of these and they are always encouraging. This was too. I need to hear a fresh word sometimes to flush the religion in my soul.

I noted a few changes which I found interesting.

  • The level of Worship was much higher than it has ever been, more intense, more passionate
  • Many 25 and younger people there. We older ones are changing worlds faster and faster. There are 55+ and 25 and under in attendance. What happened to the middle?
  • Len Mink who has been worship leader for years has developed a team. He's there but he no longer leads per se. That' may be why the worship was better. They needed a change.
  • The worship team (other than 4 singers) is a grand piano, drum, guitar and bass. They rocked the joint. One set had a Hammond B3. But otherwise they just made it happen. You don't need a lot but you do need that.
  • I heard some things spiritually I had never heard before. That's why I go to these things. I have not yet learned, heard or preached the whole counsel of God. No one yet has. No one can. But I want to get close. This is not for the religious. It's too intense. If you want to see a Pharisee rise up, they will in the face of this.

If you are interested in watching the worship set before each speaker you might consider tuning into the broadband feed. 60 countries from around the world did. Every state in the union except 4 was
represented in person. There were about 3500 people in attendance.

So, that's where I was. You probably didn't miss me. I needed to be encouraged again. I was.

Tune in. You just might be too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to run from one high to another high. Do you not have any roots? What happens when the highs run out?