Friday, August 24, 2007

I've never met a man I would rather be than ME.

Every Word that follows is directly from the Word of God and answers a question:


I'm fearfully and wonderfully made, chosen and anointed of God. Revealed of the mysteries never seen by mankind before. I am part of the tribe of believers. There are other tribes but I am part of a tribe that believes.


In a comment the question was asked, What will I do when I run out of highs?


He is the MOST HIGH GOD. Which means He is so much higher than I could ever be, than you could ever be. He never bores. He is never disappointing. If he is most high he is higher than any high could ever be high. His ways are higher than my ways.


I run hard after Him. I know that if you want to fill a cup of refreshing you have to be where the water is flowing. Sometimes it's a drip drip drip till it's full. Sometimes it's a gusher. But it's always new flow.


Do I have roots? Oh, yes. Rooted and grounded in Christ. I am living and believing to live in the fullness of Psalm 1.


1 Blessed is the man

who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.


Now, the real question Anon is, DO YOU HAVE ROOTS? WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN THE WORLDLY HIGH YOU HOPE FOR TURNS OUT TO BE JUST SMOKE AND MIRRORS?

It is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt kinda sad when i read that comment. that person does not uderstand what it is like to be us, to love to be doing 20 different things at once and to be involved and challenged and interested and engaged. there are more than enough things to experience in this world that one going in high gear could never experience them all in one lifetime. they will not run out. those that think there is a greater reward know just that: that is is greater than all this. those of us that believe this is it want to pack in as much as we can. i wanted to respond to the comment, but did not know how: I am glad you did.

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

I hate to pile on...but...

1--Thanks for using my confirmation verse; it has always served as a grounding verse for me;

2--To quote Teddy Roosevelt: Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.