Saturday, May 07, 2005

Clinton, I miss him, kinda

I saw XXX President Clinton on C-Span today. He was making a speech to a Jewish committee of some kind. I listened for 5 minutes or so. He was very good. I had forgotten how deep in knowledge and analysis of situations he could be. It was astounding.

I think George Bush is wonderful, a man of God, a strong ethical leader, a sure voice in an uncertain time. Lots of other things Clinton never was.

But, ol Bill was the best when it came to talking about issues on which I have little comprehension like Mid East Peace. He is a very smart man. When he talked to us as President, even though we knew he was lying much of the time, it was a pleasure to hear him do so. Like lovers in an illicit affair, nothing anyone says is truth but its very exciting stuff at the time.

I wonder if the cloning folks could do anything about getting a few speech making genes into our beloved leader. I’ll bet ol Bill wouldn’t miss em a bit.

No comments: