Sunday, May 01, 2005

Hitchhiker, a Guide

I just saw A hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I recommend it IF:

* You are willing to suspend your judgment
* Having a really good time is your objective
* If you don't mind your sensibilities messed with


I DON'T recommend it IF:

* You aren't a science fiction fan
* You like logical story lines
* You have a hard time with underlying themes (there are some)


I sat down in the theater chair prepared to be hypercritical and disappointed. I was going because I enjoyed the old TV series. I came expecting to harangue on how bad it was.

Was I ever pleasantly surprised. I laughed and marveled thru the whole think. I did wonder how much LSD it took to write this?

I don't know if the author really intended this to be an argument for intelligent design, God's existence and the power of pursuing the answer. You knew I would end up here. It does. It also pokes appropriate fun at "Religion".

In any case, it was terrific. I will see it again on DVD.

No comments: