Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's 1979 on the Radio

I'm in southern Indiana. I'm on my way to Tennessee to see some suppliers. I may be preaching tomorrow night as well.

Driving along I have been listening to the radio. AM and FM.

If there are Christians Stations I will listen to them if they are any good. Many are not.

I won't sit long on a country station.

Classical will hold me for quite a while.

Talk radio is OK but not great.

That leaves Pop music and a rap station or two.

I have a question.

Has ANYONE written a new song in the last 20 years? Everything I hear is old. Classic Crap.

Couldn't we hear just a few new songs? I blame the corporate ownership syndrome on the whole thing. In fact tonight as I was dialing around I heard three stations playing the exact same song at the exact same time.

Mr Radio Guy? Could we please have just a tad of creativity please?

4 comments:

Country Parson said...

I love jazz. When a new jazz station came on the air a year ago I latched right onto it. Some of the music isn't bad, but every last bit of it is accompanied by automated percussion machines that make it all sound like muzac. Horrible stuff in the end.

Anonymous said...

buy an iPod

Anonymous said...

get the new Mark Knopfler CD

Anonymous said...

grab some cd's